Elf on the Shelf Welcome Breakfast

Our Elf on the Shelf used to come on December 1st, but last year he came for my son's birthday on November 20th.  This year, he arrived early again, and this time he brought a special birthday breakfast.


I have seen a lot of Elf on the Shelf Welcome Breakfasts on Pinterest, but I like this one because it is simple.  Here is what our elf brought:

1)  North Pole hot chocolate and colored marshmallows. 
2)  Candy canes (which make great stir sticks for hot chocolate).
3)  North Pole pancake mix (which looks a lot like regular pancake mix with colored sprinkles added).  

To download and print the recipe for North Pole pancakes (below): click on the picture below, right-click, save it to your computer, and print it like a regular 4x6 photo.




Fun, right?  How do you welcome your Elf on the Shelf?  Do you think your little ones would like our simple North Pole Breakfast?

♥ 
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

You might also be interested in the 40+ fantastic Elf on the Shelf ideas here.



4 comments:

  1. Hey Gina! It's Deonna from the Child at Heart blog! I love this post and would love for you to link up to the Merriest Blog Hop each Friday until Christmas and share your creations! This is so fun! I like how he came to your son's bday party. How exciting! I can't wait for my little one to get to do this stuff. I think it's just as much fun for the mom's as it is the kids :)
    http://www.thechildatheartblog.com/2013/11/the-merriest-blog-hop-week-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by to say thanks for linking up at The Merriest Blog Hop! This post was great. I love the idea about the elf arriving with a "welcome breakfast". This will be the first year I try out the Elf on the Shelf with my son. He's just over 2 years old but I think he'll enjoy it. I can't wait! I hope we'll see you again for the next party!

    Happy (early) Thanksgiving!
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I was going to use this idea for tomorrow but I can't seem to find the printout for the North Pole Breakfast?

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....