Soft and Chewy MINI EGG Cookies

One of my favourite cookie recipes is for my soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies. So, for Easter, I thought it would be fun to add a festive twist to this classic cookie. Today, I am sharing a delicious (and simple) recipe for soft and chewy mini egg cookies


For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:

2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup softened butter (room temperature… NOT melted)
½ cup white sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsps real vanilla extract
2 cups mini eggs



Directions:

1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
3) In a large bowl, use electric beaters to combine the butter and sugars. Then, add the eggs and vanilla, and beat until light and fluffy.
4) Use a wooden spoon to mix the wet and dry ingredients together (just until combined).
5) Gently stir in mini eggs.
6) Drop tablespoon-sized balls onto a Silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet.
7) Bake for 8-12 minutes.
8) Transfer to a wire rack to cool.



Don't these cookies look fantastic? And they pair perfectly with a nice hot cup coffee or a cold glass of milk.


Are you a fan of mini eggs? I love to use them in my Easter baking. They taste great, and the colours are so pretty!

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)



Find more easy and inexpensive Easter Ideas HERE.

19 comments:

  1. I plan to make these pastel-accented cookies though I'm not sure about the "mini eggs" candy ingredient. They remind me of (seasonal) pastel candy-coated M & M chocolates but the similarly sized mini eggs are oval. I know the M & Ms would work fine. Just curious ... are the mini eggs chocolate inside (or something else)? Thanks, ~Claudia in coastal California P.S. Your info-packed web site/blog is nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are chocolate on the inside... very similar to M & M chocolates. Either would work. :-)

      Delete
  2. Do you think I could swap the flour with almond flour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, as I've never baked with almond flour. This is like a chocolate chip cookie batter. Have you ever tried almond flour in chocolate chip cookies? If it works there, it should work here.

      Delete
  3. If I make ahead...how should I store them? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just stored mine in an airtight container on the counter. They didn't last more than a couple of days! :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I’m hoping they’ll last for Easter! I’m going to have to hide them! Lol

      Delete
    3. You could likely put them in the freezer. I freeze chocolate chip cookies all the time. I can't see how these would be any different. :-)

      Delete
  4. My daughter and I made these and they turned out great soft and chewy.
    thank you for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great! They always turn out for us, but it's always nice to hear when they turn out for someone else too!

      Delete
  5. how many cookies does this make?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends how big you make them... but approximately two dozen.

      Delete
    2. if i cut everything in half would the recipe still work?

      Delete
    3. I can't see what it wouldn't.

      Delete
  6. Do I use salted or unsalted butter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always bake with salted butter because it is usually all I have in the house... but I'm sure they would be good with unsalted too because they have added salt.

      Delete
  7. Looks yummy! Gonna try this soon. Thank you for this recipe.
    a>https://colourway.pk/<a

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....