Quick Tip Tuesday #27 - Pool Noodle Wreath Form

This isn't an idea that I came up with (as it is all over Pinterest); however, it is so clever that I knew I needed it to be part of Quick Tip Tuesday.


I LOVE this idea because it is super-easy and inexpensive. Basically, you use duct tape to secure the ends of a pool noodle together.

I stick a craft stick into the openings on the ends to make it stronger, and I use lots of duct tape.  Once I didn't use enough duct tape, and it came apart.... not good!

Also, if you want a different size/ diameter, you can also use pipe covers (which you can find at your local building supply store).

To make a wreath, just wrap the form with yarn, burlap or fabric.  Then, add whatever embellishments you like.  The dollar store has tons of inexpensive options.

Have you ever made a wreath from a pool noodle?  I'd love to see it!


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

2 comments:

  1. How have I missed this on Pinterest? What a cheap and easy way to get started with a wreath! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? LOVE this idea. I used it for this wreath...http://eastcoastmommyblog.blogspot.ca/2013/09/dollar-store-halloween-wreath.html
      and I have a great winter one I want to make too!

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....