Birthday Letter to my Eight Year Old (First Born) Son

Today my oldest son turns eight, and I am continuing my tradition of writing my boys letters on their birthdays.  I wish all of you could meet my sweet birthday boy.  He really is one of a kind.  :-)  


To my sweet boy,

I can't think about you without the word "angel" popping into my head.  You really are a special boy with a kind heart, and you make me proud every day.  Here are a few of the things that make you the darling eight year old that you have become:
  • You love to watch, play, and talk about hockey.  I see a lot of cold rinks in my future.
  • You are very talented musically.  You love choir and playing the guitar, and you even write your own songs -- and they are really good!
  • You love to draw and write stories.
  • You try hard at everything you do.  You have incredible focus and love to practice when you are learning something new.
  • You still call me "Mommy", and I love it.
  • You still aren't embarrassed to kiss me good-bye when I drop you off at school.
  • You have a lot of friends, but your brothers are definitely your best buddies. 
  • You are reading Harry Potter, and you are excited about the fun stuff we are doing for your Harry Potter birthday party. 
  • You would eat peanut butter sandwiches for every meal if I would let you.
  • Your favorite color is red, your hockey number is 11, and you want to be a hockey player when you grow up.
Happy birthday my sweet angel.  You may be eight, but you will always be my first baby.

Lots of Love,
Mommy
xoxo

If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....