Pumpkin Loaf... with a cream cheese filling

Fall is in the air, so this afternoon I made pumpkin loaf with cream cheese filling.  Yum!  It turned out great, and my house smells heavenly.  This recipe is a great one for this time of year, and it's sure to put you in the mood for Fall.


For the Loaf, you'll need:
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 egg whites
1/2 cup 1% milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp all spice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt

For the Cream Cheese Filling, you'll need:
1 block (8oz) light cream cheese
2 tbsp white sugar
1 egg white


Directions:
1)  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2)  In a medium bowl, mix the pumpkin, sugars, egg whites, milk and oil.
3)  In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and spices.
4)  Combine the wet and dry ingredients... just until moistened.
5)  In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, white sugar, and egg white... just until well mixed.
6)  Spoon half the loaf mixture into a greased loaf pan.  Top with the cream cheese filling.  Cover with the other half of the loaf mixture.
7)  Bake for 60-70 minutes (until a tooth pick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean).  (I left mine in for 70 minutes.)
8)  Cool in pan for 15 minutes, transfer to rack, and allow to cool completely.

Trust me... you won't be disappointed with this one.  If you give it a try, let me know what you think.


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)


Note:  I based my recipe on one I found here.

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious...I LOVE pumpkin bread so I'm sure I'll love this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is delicious... very moist and full of flavour! :-)

      Delete
  2. This looks really yummy! I love the cream cheese surprise inside!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....