Peanut Butter Teddy Bear Cookies

Every summer, my boys and I have a "Teddy Bear Picnic", and we always eat homemade peanut butter "Teddy Bear" cookies.  We bake them and decorate them together, and the boys love them.


Want to make them for your own picnic?  Here's what you do:  

Cream together: 
  • 1 cup butter 
  • 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Then, beat in two eggs.

In a separate bowl, mix:
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
Mix wet and dry ingredients together.  Then, let the kids roll a 1 inch ball {for the face} and two smaller balls {for the ears}.  Flatten slightly. 

Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for about 10 - 11 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Do not over-bake. 

Once they have cooled slightly, you can add the eyes (chocolate chips) and nose (a Smartie or M&M).  Then, after they have cooled completely, you can add an "icing" mouth.


Cute, right?  All you need are these cookies, a blanket, some teddies, and some cute kids to have a picnic with.


Enjoy!

Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

5 comments:

  1. Super cute idea! We LOVE Peanut Butter Cookies in our house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, these are so cute. I bet my DD's would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    First I'd like to tell you that I love your website and your ideas ! But I have a weird question : my daughter lost her teddy bear and I'd like to buy her the same. So I noticed that you have the same on the Teddy Bear Cookies' photo. So can you, please, give me the brand of it ; like that I will can make feel better my daughter !
    Thank you so much !

    (Sorry for my english I'm a French fan.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I received it as a gift from my friend in England, so I am not sure where it came from. Good luck with your search.

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....