Make Packing Lunches Easier

Now that we are back to school, I thought I would share one of my favorite lunch making tips. I buy lunch staples in bulk when they are on sale, take them out of their packages, and put them in plastic containers from the dollar store.


This tip helps save money, makes lunch items quicker to access, and frees up space in the cupboard.  

I also have lots of fruit, yogurt, and cheese strings "ready to go" in my fridge, and individually wrapped homemade treats in my freezer.


Do you have a tip to help make packing lunches easier?  It is one of my most dreaded tasks, and I can use all the help I can get. Thanks!


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

4 comments:

  1. Colour code your boxes and have the kids make them independently. They getto pick one item from each box so one box each for snacks, juice boxes, treats, dairy, carbs etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good tip, but I usually make the lunches after the kids have gone to bed. Maybe I should change my routine. :-)

      Delete
  2. I wash up veggies, cut them and put them in tupperware in the fridge ready to go!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....