Harry Potter Glasses and Ties with free printable templates

I am in the middle of planning a Harry Potter party for my seven year old, and I thought it would be fun if all the guests had their own Harry Potter tie and glasses. Of course, I had to come up with something inexpensive, so I made mine from card stock. Cute, right?


To make the Harry Potter ties, download the template here, print it onto card stock, and have the children color the ties with crayons. Then, punch two holes in the tie, add some reinforcements, and tie on some elastic (so that the kids can easily put the ties around their necks).


To make Harry Potter glasses, download the template here, print the glasses onto card stock, and cut them out. Then, add a piece of pipe cleaner to each side.


Feel free to pin this post and share it with friends, but please don't link directly to the downloads. Thanks so much, and enjoy your Harry Potter glasses and ties!


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)



18 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Gina these are so cute
    my sister is a huge harry potter fan when the books first came out she was just turning 11 so i wanted to do something special for her 11 birthday I Made up a Birthday card to look like an acceptance letter from hogworts school of magic included in her gift i made up a Grifyndor house crest pin to wear on her robes she got from me for halloween also a hogworts acadamy guide book
    i bought a bag of those gold little christmas balls for her to give to her friends as mini golden sneaches. shes turning 20 in two weeks so i sent her a link to an amazing harry potter cake i found online. she would love your printables

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! I was a huge fan when they were coming out too... and I am pretty excited that my seven year old chose this as a theme! :-)

      Delete
  2. here is the link to the cake i sent her https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.488985187789453.105356.209649385723036&type=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute cake! I need to figure out a simple cake I can make. That one is a bit too fancy for my limited cake decorating skills. lol

      Delete
  3. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I am a Children's librarian and am doing a program early September for back to school at Hogwarts. We'll be watching the movies and making different crafts. I love your tie template and was wondering if it would be alright to use it for my program. Thank you! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did she ever reply to this? I'm also a children's librarian and would love to use to celebrate Harry Potter's Birthday!

      Delete
    2. Of course you can use it for a non-revenue generating activity. I'd also love you to let people know where you got it... if you feel inclined. :-)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for this posting, but I can't seem to get the links to work to download the templates. Any ideas? Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link should work as long as you can access google docs from the computer you are working on. Sometimes workplaces block access. Maybe try another computer?

      Delete
  6. Dear Mom,
    I'm a Italian Mom with a Harry Potter's girl fun and she asked me for her party this theme... so thank you so much for your templates! Have a nice day!
    Sara Rubagotti from Turin (Italy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I'd love to take a trip to Italy one day. Maybe when my boys are grown. :-)

      Delete
  7. Thank you! You saved our Harry Potter costume this morning before school!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....