10 Fantastic Crafts for Tweens and Teens

The last couple of weeks, my family and I have been social distancing because of Covid-19. In order to keep everyone happy and entertained, I have been doing a different craft and activity with my boys every day. I am trying really hard to find crafts that appeal to my older kids, and today I am sharing 10 of the crafts and activities we have been doing together. I hope you enjoy them!



Click on the links (below) for more details and "how to" videos.






1) We made pom poms... and we used them to make other fun crafts... including these adorable pom pom chicks and pom pom flowers.

Find the full video tutorial for making pom poms here.





2) We made made felt finger puppets, and we learned how to sew on buttons.

Find the full "how to" hand sewing video here.



3) We made no-sew bags using old t-shirts and jerseys. It's a simple craft and a great way to recycle old pieces of clothing.

Find the full DIY recycled t-shirt bags video here.



4) We did two Simple science experiments. We made rainbows with Skittles and we used vinegar to make a bouncy egg




5) We did weaving using a toilet roll and popsicle sticks. My boys LOVED this craft, and spent hours making long scarves and snakes.


6) We made tassel bookmarks. My boys designed their own bookmarks, and we used yarn to add homemade yarn tassels to the tops.




7) We made God's eyes... a classic camp craft. We used popsicle sticks and yarn to make this super-cute and colourful ornaments.


You can find our God's eye video here



8) Painting rocks is a wonderful creative endeavor. It's a perfect easy and inexpensive activity that kids and adults can do together. It's also a fantastic way to add colour and kindness to the world. I have tips for painting rocks and painted rock inspiration here.



9) We made nest brownies. Using a few shortcuts, we crafted up some tasty treats.

Find the full brownie tutorial here.




10) We made 3D handprints. We used paper and markers to create simple drawings. My kids thought the 3D effect was pretty cool.

You can find our 3D handprint video here.


If you are looking for simple crafts and activities to entertain your kids, I highly recommend giving one of these a try. It is often hard to find crafts that aren't to "babyish" for tweens and teens... and these ten are sure to please kids of all ages.

If you give them a try, let me know how it goes. I'd love to hear your favourites!

Gina
(aka East Coast Mommy)


Don't miss out on any of the fun... follow me on social media here.

     

You might also like the ideas you can find here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....