My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

There are a lot of chocolate chip cookies recipes out there, but my favorite is this "soft and chewy" version.  It is adapted from the recipe on the "Chipits" bag.  If you like soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies, you should give this recipe a try.




Here's the recipe:

1)  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2)  In a medium bowl, whisk together the following dry ingredients:

  • 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour 
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt



3)  In a separate bowl, use electric beaters to combine the following:

  • 1 cup butter (at room temperature... NOT melted)
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar



4)  Add 2 large eggs and 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract to the butter/sugar mixture.  Beat with electric beaters until well combined.



5)  Using a wooden spoon, mix wet and dry ingredients together (just until combined).  Then, add 2 cups of chocolate chips.  (I like semi-sweet, but you can use whatever you like.)



6)  Drop tablespoon-size balls (using a cookie scoop for best results) onto a Silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet, and bake for approx. 8-10 minutes.  Transfer to a wire rack to cool.





Store the cookies in an airtight container to keep them fresh... but trust me... they won't last long.  :-)



Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)


Note: If you notice that your cookies are flattening out, try putting the batter in the fridge for half an hour before baking. Also, use fresh baking soda, don't melt the butter, and don't put batter onto a hot cookie sheet.


 

8 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy!! Can't beat chocolate chip cookies :)

    Thanks so much for linking up with the Wildly Original Crowd at I Gotta Create!

    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it must be something in the air making us in NS want CCCs :) I used to use this recipe now that you bring it up... the one I'm making tonight was from Martha Stewart and is exactly the same except it has 1/2 tsp of baking soda. I guess perfection can't stray too far :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Martha Stewart one I use too. It is almost exactly the same too! lol

      Delete
  3. My husband absolutely LOVES chocolate Chip Cookies!! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound great. I'll just have to work out the European weights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve had these cookies on hockey trips; they are delicious. I’m ordering the cookie scoop from Amazon too. Thanks ECM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like them... and you won't regret the cookie scoop. #GameChanger :-)

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....