What I Really Want for Mother's Day {and Ginger Cookie Recipe}

For Mother's Day, I don't want jewellery, fancy clothes, or a trip to an exotic location -- they cost too much and don't really fit my lifestyle at the moment anyway.  This year, I have my heart set on something pretty simple -- a big cup of coffee, a couple of homemade cookies, and 30 minutes to enjoy them ALL BY MYSELF.


Don't get me wrong, I love my boys and I cherish my time with them, but I do miss those "long ago" days (before I became a mother) when I could pee by myself and drink a full cup of coffee... sitting down... while it was still hot.  Who's with me?

And, in case my husband reads this and needs more ideas, here are the Top 5 Things I Really Want for Mother's Day.



Isn't this a great list?  What would be on your list of "Things YOU Really Want for Mother's Day"?


♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)


PS (Here's the link for the Ginger Cookies in the picture.)

8 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. I would just add a walk in the park to your list. Oh yeah, and I'd change it to tea instead of coffee. I hope your Mother's Day dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely ideas :) i like getting the homemade cards #LMDconnector

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Gina. I hope you get it all! #LMDConnector

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very good list!
    I'd love a homemade card from my son. Those are the sweetest!
    May you have a wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those all sound perfect :) And those cookies! I <3 Ginger Cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....