Homemade Finger Paint

This morning I asked my three year old what he wanted to do.  He said, "Paint... with my fingers".  I didn't have any finger paint in my craft cupboard, so I decided to make some.  


Want to give it a try?

1) In a medium saucepan, combine the following:  2 Tbsp White Sugar, 1/3 Cup Flour, 1 Tbsp Salt, 1 Tbsp Cornstarch, and 2 Cups Water.


2) Whisk the mixture over medium heat until it thickens.

3) Divide between containers, allow to cool, and add a couple drops of food coloring to each one.


That's it!  My little guy loved getting messy with this fun and easy to make finger paint.  Is this something your little one would like to try?


♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

*This recipe was adapted from one I found here.

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! And it's nontoxic! My two are bad for trying to put everything in their mouths :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is pretty common with little ones. Non-toxic is always a safe bet! :-)

      Delete
  2. Fun! I would love for you to come and share! Come join the link party @ Share it With Us Saturdays on Great Tastes Tuesdays! The party starts Friday @ 8:30 p.m. Mountain time and runs all weekend. Don’t miss out! I would love to have you! http://greatastestuesdays.blogspot.com/2013/04/document.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! Thanks for linking to Share It Saturday this week!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....