{Easiest} Biscuits Ever

I love a quick meal, and "soup and biscuits" is a really simple lunch or supper.  So, I thought I would share my favorite super-easy biscuit recipe.


The great thing about these biscuits is that you throw everything in one bowl, and there is no need for a rolling pin and biscuit cutters.

All you need to do is combine the following ingredients in a bowl.  I whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together.  Then, I stir in the grated butter.  Then, I gently mix in the milk (careful not to over mix it).

1 1/2 cups white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or you can use 2 cups of white flour)
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup cold butter (grated)
1 cup milk (I use 1%)


Then, form the dough into a ball, and put on a floured surface.  Flatten the ball to make a round circle (approximately 1 1/2 inches thick), and cut the circle into 8 pieces (like a pizza).  


Put on a Silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet, and bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

Simple, right?  Give them a try and let me know what you think.

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

10 comments:

  1. No rising required??? I'm sold! I usually make rolls in my breadmaker, but this looks so fast. I'll definitely be trying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is quick and easy! Let me know how they turn out. :-)

      Delete
    2. biscuits dont have yeast, thus they dont rise.

      Delete
  2. Just made these-super quick and turned out awesome! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad they turned out well for you! Thanks so much for the kind comment. :-)

      Delete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE biscuits!! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't bake very often, so I jump on super-easy recipes. My dough came out super sticky and really hard to handle. I am not sure what I did wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem, but if it is too sticky, just add some flour. Hope this helps! :-)

      Delete
  5. I finally made these biscuit and, as advertised, they were super easy. My 8 year old daughter helped me with the dough ball and patting it out. Super fun! One question... I didn't have any whole wheat flour, so I converted the WW to just white (using a conversion of 1/2 c WW equals approx. 2/3 white). They turned out a little "doughy," although very edible, but I wanted to know if you'd ever used all white flour and if so, how much you used. I'm thinking my conversion might have been the issue. I plan to make them again, so I'll continue to experiment. Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad they turned out for you, and that you had fun baking with your daughter. My boys love to help out in the kitchen too. If they are a little doughy, just keep adding small amounts of white flour until you get the right consistency. They will still be delicous! :-)

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....