Harry Potter Party Signage

Today I am sharing another fun element from my son's Harry Potter birthday party.  I absolutely loved the Harry Potter party signage I created (and it was all easy and inexpensive to put together).


The 9 3/4 Platform sign (and brick wall) that greeted guests as they arrived at the party was my absolute favorite.


For the 9 3/4 platform sign, I started with a piece of foamcore from the dollar store, I covered it with a piece of red bristol board, and I secured it around the edges with red duct tape. Then, I printed the number and letters on my computer, cut them out, and attached them to the sign.  (I finished the sign with a plastic chain I purchased at Halloween... but a piece of twine or ribbon would work too.)


To make the brick wall, I started with a white paper tablecloth (backed with plastic) from the dollar store.  Then, I dipped a sponge in red paint, and pressed it onto the tablecloth to make a "brick".  I repeated this process until the entire tablecloth was covered.


I also had signs for the different "shops" from Harry Potter.  I had one for Flourish & Blotts, one for Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions, and one for Ollivander's.  I printed them on my computer, and framed them in inexpensive red frames (from the dollar store).




Finally, I made a bright and cheerful sign for Honeydukes Sweet Shop.  I started with a piece of foam core from the dollar store, and I trimmed the edges with duct tape.  Then, I printed the letters on my computer, cut them out, and attached them to the sign.


I thought these signs were a lot of fun and really helped the guests feel like they were transported to the world of Harry Potter.  I loved them all, but the Platform 9 3/4 signage was definitely my favorite. What do you think?

And... if you want to see the rest of the Harry Potter Party details (including our invite, food and cake ideas, and party activities), you can check them out here.


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)


You might also like the fun party ideas here.

6 comments:

  1. Gina my kid sister is a harry potter fan she in her 20s now but for her 11th birthday i wanted to make it a speciaal one i did up the acceptiance letter in a card along with the grifyndor crest and a hogworts handbook for the school i gave her the costume for halloween as well her friends actually thought she was accepted to hogwarts for real, my sis is still a potter fan even in her 20s and im sure she bound to raise a few potter fans of her own someday. love this post will pass you link onto her for sure. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great story! She is lucky to have such a thoughtful sister. :-)

      Delete
    2. What fonts and size did you use for the Hogwarts Express 9 3/4 sign? It looks great!

      Delete
    3. What fonts and size did you use for the Hogwarts Express 9 3/4 sign? It looks great!

      Delete
    4. I used wordart in Microsoft word. I just kept enlarging it until I got it big enough to fill the circle.

      Delete
  2. I love this Harry Potter Party Signage so much. We also can use our own design Signage in our party. This is a unique thing i must say. Thank you so much. Party signage

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....