Simple Olympic Cake

Olympic fever has hit my house in a big way.  So... yesterday I baked a special treat for my boys -- an Olympic cake.  This cake was really easy to make, and my boys LOVED it!


I started with a cake mix and covered it with store-bought icing. Then, I made an Olympic flag from card stock, and I used yarn and paper straws to place it on top of the cake.  Finally, to add a bit of color, I trimmed the bottom of the cake with Smarties.

Fun, right? If your family loves the Olympics, you should totally make this cake. I think it would be really great to have it as a treat during the closing ceremonies. I might need to make a second one. ;-)


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, I used your idea for my son's bday cake, he is having a "mess olympics" party today for his 9th bday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! That is a fantastic party theme. I hope you have a great party.

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....