Harry Potter Party Games

Today I am sharing another one of the fun elements of my son's Harry Potter party... the DIY Harry Potter Party Games.  With 20 little guests, it was important to make sure there were plenty of great games to keep the little ones entertained.


We played 6 games.

1) Charms and spells class - I pretended to teach a class using the spell books and quills I made for the guests.  The children loved practicing the spells and trying them out on each other.  {You can download the spell book I created here.}


2)  Howarts Freeze dance - We played freeze dance using some spells from Harry Potter.  We used Tarantallegra to make legs dance uncontrollably and Petrificus Totalus to make the kids freeze like a soldier.

3)  Pin the Scar on Harry - I drew Harry Potter on a piece of bristol board and gave every child a scar to place on his head. 


4)  Bean Bag Toss - I made a simple beanbag toss using an old cardboard box.  {You can download a template of the head a drew here.}


5)  Wingardium Leviosa - The kids used the wands I made for them to try balloons in the air.

6)  Piñata - I made a simple piñata using a balloon and some paper mache.  Then, I drew a simple owl on it using a sharpie.  Easy peasy!


All the guest had fun with our Harry Potter games, and they were all easy and inexpensive to put together. It doesn't get much better than that!


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Gina! Your post caught my eye in SavvyStories and I can see you are a mom after my own heart. We are hard-core Harry Potter fans over here and have shared many special HP moments together ourselves. I love what you've done here and will pin it for my followers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We absolutely love Harry Potter too! You can see the rest of the party here: http://eastcoastmommyblog.blogspot.ca/2014/02/the-ultimate-diy-harry-potter-party.html

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....