5 Fun Snow Day Activities

We have had a number of "snow days" this winter, and some are more fun than others.  Today was fantastic because the snow was good, and the temperature was moderate... so I thought it was the perfect day to share our 5 favorite snow day activities.


1)  Build a silly snowman - My boys loved building this upside down snowman.  How cute are his rubber boots?



2)  Go sledding - Is there anything more fun than speeding down a hill on a sled with your brothers?  My boys don't think so.


3)  Drink hot chocolate with marshmallows - After a morning outside in the snow, my boys love to warm up with hot chocolate and marshmallows.


4)  Build a fort - When the boys need a break from playing outside, a pile of blankets and pillows can keep them entertained for hours.  Today our fort was a space ship, a secret spy hideout, and the Olympic village.


5)  Make snow ice cream - Snow ice cream is our favorite "snow day" snack, and today I let the boys add a few treats to it.  You can find the recipe for snow ice cream here... or check out our YouTube video here.


Don't you just love a good snow day?  My boys are now cuddled up on the couch watching a movie... and I am ready for a nap!  :-)

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

2 comments:

  1. We didn't make snow ice cream last week. I forgot. Yours looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....