Cereal Box Treat Holder

Don't you just love when something old is up-cycled into something new?  Check out the cereal box I turned into an adorable treat holder.




I think it is perfect for family movie night or a birthday party.  It can hold ice cream cones, and paper cones filled with popcorn or other treats.  Cute, right?

Here's how you can make one:



1) Make a template out of the side of a cereal box by dividing it into eight sections and cutting small holes in the centre of each rectangle.
2) Cover the sides of a cereal box with colored duct tape.  (Not the box you used to create the template.)
3) Use Mod Podge to glue a piece of scrapbook paper to the top of the cereal box.  Allow to dry completely, and then trim it as needed.
4) Use the template and an X-acto knife to cut holes in the top of the box.
5) Seal with a coat of Mod Podge.

I'd love to hear your "up-cycle" ideas/tips.  Please share them in the comments below.


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

8 comments:

  1. I got a coupon. Thanks. Susan MacDonald

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a PIN for making cereal box postcards so I'm all over that. Yellow duck tape should be a requirement in every household. Great idea, thanks for sharing. I think I might have ended up with a free coupon. Yippee!

    Besos, Sarah
    Blogger at Journeys of The Zoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really good for environment! Follow this link https://domyhomework.guru/blog/study-tips for more!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....