I grew up in a house that was never messy. My sweet mom literally vacuums her way out of the house each day (True story.) She is an immaculate house keeper... and I am not. I do my best, but I have learned to not stress out over a messy house. Today I am sharing 10 reasons my house messy... and I don't mind. Can you relate???
1) My children are incapable of eating over a plate. The war against Cheerios and toast crumbs is not one I can win.
2) Teeth brushing involves out-of-control tooth paste spatter. Our sink is large, but seems to be a target that no one can hit.
3) Building forts requires a lot of blankets, all the cushions off the couch, and a general state of chaos in the living room.
4) Someone is always hungry and looking for a meal or snack. A spotless kitchen before bedtime is a pipe dream.
5) Crafting and being creative is a messy (and necessary) part of childhood.
6) We have too many books, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
7) LEGO is hard to contain.
8) Laundry is never ending.
9) Kids are only little once. There will be time to clean when my children no longer want to play with me.
10) Snuggling up to read a story is more fun (and more important) than a spotless house.
Some days I wish my house was perfectly clean and tidy, but for now, I think I'll just enjoy the finger prints on my windows. I know some day they won't be there, and I'll miss them.
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)