Monday, 12 December 2011
5 Christmas Treats/Gifts for Classmates
I always like to make treats/little gifts for my boys to bring to their classmates. (But... of course, I want the gifts to be easy and inexpensive.) Here are five things that meet both criteria.
1) Edible treats - Sharing a sweet treat is always a special way to celebrate the holidays. This cupcake tree is super easy! Just bake and frost cupcakes, and arrange them in the shape a Christmas tree.
2) Reindeer Ornament Kits - Why not give your child's classmates all the supplies they need to make this adorable Candy Cane Reindeer ornament? Include a candy cane, pipe cleaners, googly eyes, a red pom pom, and a piece of ribbon.
3) Magic Reindeer Food - Scoop some oats, Cheerios, and magic sprinkles (aka colored sugar) into cellophane bags and tie with some ribbon. Add a cute tag, which you can find here, and you have an adorable gift to share.
4) Santa Beards - Print some beards (using this template), cut them out, and attach a popsicle stick. I guarantee the kids will love this simple gift.
5) Christmas Cookie Cutters - Print out your favorite cookie recipe, roll it up, secure with a ribbon, and add a cookie cutter. Fun, right? (To personalize it a little, I always add a picture of the boys at the top of the recipe.)
What are some of your favorite classroom gifts/treats? I am always looking for new ideas. :-)
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)