A Birthday Letter for my Middle Son on his 15th Birthday

Every year on my boys' birthdays, I write them a letter. My intent is to create a yearly "snapshot" of their personalities. It's my version of a "baby book". 😀 Today, I am sharing my birthday letter to my middle son on his 15th birthday.



To my spunky, thoughtful, and sweet middle son,

When you were little, people told me "the days are long but the years are short"... and truer words were never spoken. I can barely believe my sweet little boy (who walked before he crawled) is now a 15 year old boy turning into a man before my eyes. 

You keep me on my toes, but I couldn't be more proud to be your mom. Here are some of the reasons you are the most special 15 year old in the world:
  • After not making the hockey team you wanted to make last year, you worked hard to make it this year... and then you broke your arm. You were disappointed, but you handled the situation with the positive attitude you always adopt when faced with adversity. 
  • You enjoy running around the yard and neighbourhood with your brothers, playing basketball with your buddies in the school yard, playing a round of golf with friends and family, and being part of a hockey team. If you are moving, you are happy.
  • Friday nights are your favourite. You love pancakes for supper (with chocolate chips), cuddling with your family for a movie, and munching on gummy bears.
  • You have the best memory for movies I have ever witnessed. You know all the details and backstories related to every Marvel, Star Wars, and Harry Potter movie ever made.
  • When it comes to school... you are a perfectionist and a procrastinator. I'm pretty sure that if you master time management, you'll be able to take over the world. 😜
  • You are 6'2" and skinny as a rake... though with the way you eat (especially Shreddies with milk), I'm pretty sure you have a lot more growing to do.
  • You are stubborn, sensitive, spunky, thoughtful, and sweet... and you always have a twinkle in your eye.


I love you to the moon and back! You are a special boy, and I'm so grateful and blessed to have you as my son.

Lots of Love,
Mom xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....