Personal Size Cookie Tart -- an easy and inexpensive Valentine's Day treat

I love a special homemade treat, and this adorable personal size chocolate chip cookie tart is cute and delicious. I paired my favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe with some inexpensive dollar store dishes, and I'm sharing the recipe below.




Here's the recipe:

1)  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2)  In a medium bowl, whisk together the following dry ingredients:

  • 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour 
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt



3)  In a separate bowl, use electric beaters to combine the following:

  • 1 cup butter (at room temperature... NOT melted)
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar



4)  Add 2 large eggs and 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract to the butter/sugar mixture.  Beat with electric beaters until well combined.




5)  Using a wooden spoon, mix wet and dry ingredients together (just until combined).  Then, add 2 cups of chocolate chips.  (I like semi-sweet, but you can use whatever you like.)




6)  Place 4 tablespoon size balls into an oven safe heart-shaped dish and flatten the balls into the dish. (I found my dishes at my local dollar store (Dollarama). Bake for approx 12-15 minutes. When they are done, they will be slightly brown around the edges and still soft in the middle. Don't overbake.

The remainder of the dough can be made into regular chocolate chip cookies. Drop tablespoon-size balls (using a cookie scoop for best results) onto a Silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet, and bake for approx. 8-10 minutes.  Transfer to a wire rack to cool.





I made these tarts for my boys, and they were a huge hit. 




These tarts are served plain, but they'd be delicious topped with a scoop of ice cream too.




The tarts are good after they have cooled, but for the best taste, serve them warm. They'll be crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside.




This tart is based on my tried and true chocolate chip cookie recipe, so I hope you give it a try. This really is the perfect easy and inexpensive Valentine's Day treat.


Happy Valentine's Day!



Gina Bell
 (aka East Coast Mommy)


Don't miss out on any of the fun... follow me on social media here.

     

If you are looking for more Valentine's Day inspiration, check out more than 30 Valentine's Day ideas here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....