DIY Easter Pillows… made from dollar store gift bags!!!

I love creating easy and fun pieces of holiday decor, and I'm getting lots of inspriation from my local dollar store this year. I've found tons of adorable EASTER items recently, but I was particularly drawn to a couple of adorable burlap bunny gift bags. I immediately thought they'd make cute Easter pillows, and today I'm sharing the "no sew" instructions. You won't believe how EASY, INEXPENSIVE and FUN these DIY Easter pillows are to make!




I started out with these two burlap gift bags.




Then:

1) I used a seam ripper to separate the front and back of the bags from the sides. I cut off the handles to use.

2) On the back of the ears, I used hot glue to attached zip ties. 

Or.. you could use popsicle sticks. You just need something to give the ears a little bit of structure.




3) Cover up the zip tie with a piece of the burlap handle and a bit of hot glue.



4) Use hot glue to attach the front and back pieces of the bags together... leaving an opening at the bottom for stuffing. Stuff the pillow, and use hot glue to seal the bottom together.

Pro-tip: Use the stuffing out of a dollar store pillow. It's great quality... and a lot cheaper!



Cute, right!?!



I made a pink one and a blue one, and they both look awesome on my couch. And, of course, I love that they only cost me a few dollars.



Need more info? Take a peek at this short YouTube instructional video I made.


What do you think of these little pillows? I can't wait to share more simple Easter DIYs with you. Make sure you subscribe to my free  newsletter and YouTube channel so you don't miss out on any of the fun!

Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....