Simple Weeknight Chicken, Broccoli & Peppers Pesto Pasta

Who doesn't love a simple recipe that comes together quickly... and that everyone loves? This pesto pasta is a staple in my house, and my boys love it. I think it's pretty good too! 😀 I can't believe I haven't shared this recipe before because it really is the perfect simple weeknight supper. Give it a try and let me know what you think.




For this dish, you'll need:
  • a head or two of broccoli
  • a red pepper
  • 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 box of pasta (I like bowtie pasta, but any variety works)
  • 1 jar of pesto (I like the PC Basil Pesto, but any variety works)
  • salt, pepper and additional seasoning (if desired)

Then:

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Season chicken and place in the oven for approximately 25 minutes.
3) Drizzle oil over cut up brocolli and peppers, season with salt and pepper, and place in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.




4) While the vegetables and chicken are in the oven, boil water and cook the pasta.




5) Drain the pasta, and cut up the chicken.




6) Place the hot drained pasta, cut up chicken and vegetables back in the pot the pasta was cooked in. Add a jar of pesto, stir, and serve. 




7) Top with pepper and grated parmesan if desired.




Here's a short video explaining how quickly it comes together.



This really is one of my family's favourite suppers... and it's super-easy to throw together on a busy weeknight. Give it a try and let me know what you think.


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)



You might also be interested in the recipes you can find here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....