Book Review: It's Going to Be OK

I don't do a lot of book reviews on my blog, but when my friend and her two boys wrote a book about their journey with Alzheimer's, I knew I had to share it. If you have ever had a loved one experience dementia, you will want to read this heartfelt book.



This story was personal for me, as I watched dementia take over the minds of my sweet grandparents. Watching a person you love slowly slip away is a difficult thing to endure. It's also challenging to explain this complicated condition to children. I wish I had been able to read this book to my boys when they first started to see this disease affect their great-grandparents.

"It's Going to Be OK" (by Ben, Alex and Marie Kennedy) is heartfelt, educational, well written and beautifully illustrated. The attention to detail is perfection! I especially love that there are forget-me-knots featured on every page.



If you have someone in your life that has been diagnosed with Dementia, you should grab a copy of this book. Dementia is hard to understand and deal with -- especially for kids -- and this book has a gentle way of explaining a heartbreaking disease. It's a great tool for dealing with grief, while inspiring hope that "everything will be OK".

To order a copy, go to www.itsgoingtobeokbook.com.


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)


You might also like this list of my top 10 picture books for kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....