Simple (budget-friendly) YELLOW Summer DIYs

The first step to creating inexpensive decor that looks high-end is to select a cohesive colour palette... and yellow is the perfect choice for summer. Today, I am sharing budget-friendly summer decor DIYs that are easy to make and look fantastic.



*** Check out the fantastic ideas below, and click on the links for additional information. ***


Free lemonade print - This lemonade print is super-cute and couldn't be easier to make. I spray painted a dollar store frame yellow, and then I designed a simple lemonade print to put inside. It's cheerful and fun... and you can download your own copy for free here.



Serve yourself lemonade tray - The perfect companion to the lemonade sign is this simple "serve yourself lemonade" tray. The tray is actually a dollar store picture frame with wooden balls glued to the bottom. Pretty clever, right? Find all the info you need to make your own here.




Tiered tray - Decorating a tiered tray for different seasons and occasions is easy and fun. I love how cheerful and bright my summer tiered tray turned out. The birdhouse on the top was a plain wooden house I found in the dollar store craft section. I painted it yellow, and added brown "wood grain" contact paper to the room. I also love my jar of yellow and white dollar store buttons, my dollar store greenery and yellow flowers, and the book stack I made from scraps of wood.



Flower arrangement - What is summer decor without flowers? I found this "flowers & garden" tin at the dollar store and knew it would make a lovely summer garden arrangement. I inserted a piece of floral foam, covered the foam with moss, and inserted dollar store flowers. I think it looks really high-end, and it only cost me a couple of dollars. What do you think?




And look how cute it looks when you display it all together.




If you want a closer look at my projects, check out this video.


This simple yellow wreath is fantastic too. Can you believe it was made with a dollar store pizza pan and a $3 placemat from Walmart?!?! You can find the full step by step instructions here.




I alsolutely love my NEW summer decor, and I can't believe it only cost me a few dollars. Which summer DIY is your favourite? I love the tiered tray, but my kids would definitely pick the lemonade tray. 😄



Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)


You might also like the DIY planter I made using dollar store supplies here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....