Budget-Friendly YELLOW Wreath for Summer... made from a $3 placemat

When it comes to budget-friendly DIY decor, sometimes it helps to think outside the box. Recently, I made a fun "flamingo" wreath using a $3 Walmart placemat, and I loved it so much that I decided to make a cheery yellow version. Now I can't decide which one I like more!



Here's the one I made a few weeks ago. I love how whimsical and fun it is, don't you? (You can find all the instructions for my flamingo wreath here. 





Now you can see why I wanted to make another one. 


Here's how I made my budget-friendly, cheery yellow wreath:


1) I started with this fun lemon placemat that I purchased at Walmart for only $3. I also used a dollar store pizza pan, hot glue, and dollar store jute rope. 




2) Then, I used my cricut to write out "Hello Sunshine". If you don't have a cricut, you could use alphabet stickers from the dollar store to spell out the words.




3) Attach the words "Hello Sunshine" to the placemat.




4) Use hot glue to attach the placemat to the pizza pan. (You can use stronger glue if you are worried about the hot glue melting in the heat.)




5) Use hot glue to wrap the jute twine around the edges of the placemat. (I wrapped it 4 times to make sure the pizza pan wasn't visible at all.)




6) Add a piece of twine to the back of the pizza pan using duct tape... and you are ready to display your gorgeous, budget-friendly, yellow summer wreath.

Note: The placemat I used is made of polypropolene, so it's naturally durable and resistent to water. I have mine under a covered porch, so I didn't spray it with any type of sealer... but you could if you wanted to.





For another look... check out the "how to video" I made here.




I love the pop of colour this wreath adds to this little seating area on my deck. What do you think?



I love how easy it was to make this cheap and cheerful wreath. If you see a cute placemat, I hope you consider turning it into summer decor. It really is an easy and inexpensive way to decorate a porch or patio.



Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)


You might also like the summer DIY decor ideas here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....