A Super-Cute Summer Wreath Made from a $3 Walmart Placemat

I really enjoy a good DIY, and I especially love when I can re-imagine something simple into something super-cute and fabulous. Recently, I found a vinyl placemat with a wonderful summer design, and I knew instantly it would make a fantastic (and budget-friendly) summer wreath. I'm sharing how I did it below.



I started with this cute flamingo placemat I found at Walmart for $3. I also purchased a dollar store pizza pan (slightly larger than the placemat) and some nautical rope.




I glued the placemat to the centre of the pizza pan. (I used hot glue, but you can add some industrial strength glue if you are worried about the glue melting in the sun.)




Then, I glued three rings of nautical rope around the edge... one at a time. (Again, I used hot glue.)




When it was done, it looked like this...




I added a bit of twine to the back to make a hanger. (I used hot glue to attach it, and I secured it with a piece of duct tape.)




It looks great hanging on my front door.




But I also like the way it looks on my front porch by my blue adirondack chairs.




Where do you think my wreath looks better?

Don't you love this idea? It's an easy and inexpensive way to create an adorable summer wreath to match your decor. The stores are filled with some great placemats this time of year, and you can use any one you like. You could even try making a rectangle version with a dollar store cookie sheet as the backing for the wreath.

I am really pleased with how this project turned out, but let me know what you think.



Gina Bell
 (aka East Coast Mommy)



You might also be interested in DIYing the fun planter here.




AND you might also like the ideas for summer you can find here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....