"Bunny Butt" Easter Garden... made using dollar store supplies

I love cute seasonal decor... especially when I can make it myself (CHEAPLY) using dollar store supplies. This "bunny butt Easter garden" really is easy to make... and it is totally adorable!



First, you'll need to gather your supplies.



You'll need:

  • yarn (I used grey)
  • some sort of bucket/container (any kind will work)
  • floral foam
  • dollar store moss
  • 4 dollar store carrots
  • 4 toothpicks
  • dollar store greenery (optional)
  • scrap pieces of felt
  • a white pom pom 
  • scissors and a hot glue gun

1) You can leave the carrots as they are, or you can upgrade them by pulling out the tops and using hot glue to insert dollar store greenery.




2) Insert a piece of floral foam into the container.




3) Insert toothpicks into the ends of the carrots, insert the carrots into the floral foam, and cover the floral foam with dollar store moss. (You can glue it down if you like. I didn't in case I want to change up my arrangement next year.)





4) Make a large pom pom (for the bunny's butt) using yarn. Wrap the yarn around your hand 65-90 times (depending on the weight of the yarn), tie a strand of yarn around the centre of the ball of yarn, cut the loops, and trim the pom pom until it is round and fluffy.



If you have never made a pom pom before, you would like more instruction, you can watch a "how to make pom poms video" here.



5) Attach the pom pom to the edge of the bucket using hot glue. Then, attach a pom pom tail using more hot glue. Finish by attaching bunny feet. (I used felt, but you could foam or cardstock if that is what you have on hand.)




Seriously.... how cute is this project? It really is a fabulous piece of Easter / Spring decor that you can make for only a few dollars.




And... if you want to see a quick video before you make your own bunny butt Easter garden, check out the video below.




I set my garden beside this cute picture I made. You can find the FREE printable for this cute Easter photo here.




Don't you just love it? If you make one, send me a picture. I always love seeing the variations my readers come up with. And, of course, if you have any questions about this "bunny butt Easter garden" made using dollar store supplies, please let me know.


Gina Bell
 (aka East Coast Mommy)


Find MORE fun Easter ideas here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....