Birthday Letter to my Oldest Son on his 11th Birthday

In keeping with family tradition, today I am sharing a birthday letter to my oldest son on his 11th birthday. Each year (on my boys' birthdays), I write them letters in an attempt to capture a little bit of their personalities on paper. It's a tradition that is very special to me, and I am happy to have the opportunity to share it with you... my lovely readers. Here is this year's letter to my first born son.



My sweet and kind first born son,

As you are inching toward the teenage years, I am both sad that my little boy is slipping away, and happy to watch the wonderful young man that is emerging before my eyes. You are a kind, hard working, and loving boy, and I am proud to be your mother.

Here are a few reasons that you are the most special 11 year old I have ever met:

  • You have always had a mature soul, but I have noticed that this past year you have really started to get more independent and you have started taking on more responsibilities. I am impressed with the ease with which you are moving into this new stage of your life.
  • You are getting older, but I can still sneak a cuddle during movie night (when none of your friends are there to see).
  • Hockey is your passion. Even though you are young and small, you always work hard, and you play with lots of heart. Dad and I really admire your determination and work ethic.
  • You love playing mini sticks with your brothers, your favorite show is Sports Centre, and collecting and trading Tim Hortons hockey cards has become an obsession.
  • Your brothers continue to be your best buddies. You are always inventing fun games to play together. (I think "fat bat" baseball is your front yard favorite!)
  • You are continuing to practice the guitar, and you love playing. (I am super-impressed with your ability to watch a YouTube video and teach yourself a song.)
  • Peanut butter sandwiches are still your favorite snack... and now you can make them yourself.
  • Your favorite colour is blue, your hockey number is 18, and you dream of playing in the NHL.

Happy birthday, my angelic oldest boy. You may be getting older, but you will always be my baby boy. I love you to the moon and back!

Love,

Mom
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....