Mommy and Me Journal

I love the idea of encouraging my boys to practice their reading and writing in a "fun" way during the summer. I also like the idea of having a constant open line of comunication with them. So, I decided make Mommy and Me Journals for my boys.  It's a fantastic, easy and inexpensive idea!


The idea of the journal is that we use it to write notes back and forth to each other.  I write notes to my boys, and then I put the journals beside their beds... and they do the same.  They love our little "game", and their little notes make adorable bedtime reading for me.  :-)

This project is super-easy and inexpensive to make.  I bought cheap journals {$2.49 each}, and I used my computer to create a little labels that say, "Mommy and Me {our secret messages to each other}".  Then, I printed the labels onto photo paper and attached them with double sided tape.  Easy peasy!

How do you encourage your kids to read and write over the summer break from school? Don't you love the idea of a "Mommy and Me" journal?

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I think this is a fabulous way to document the summers as your children grow and it will be a nice keepsake for when they have grown. LOVE IT! Thank you for the wonderful idea!
    Sincerely,
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet idea. A beautiful keepsake for both of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, I'm sure both of you will look back and really enjoy reading it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SOOOO sweet! As soon as my son is old enough to write I'm totally making this! I'd be thrilled if you'd share it here:
    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/shine-on-fridays-35-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this idea! My son is 6 also and praticing writing and reading this summer is necessary. Using this idea, we now have a Secret Note journal and are leaving each other notes and pictures throughout the week and leaving them on each other's beds. So fun! Thanks so the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too. Every night after I put my son to bed, he sits with his flashlight and writes me a secret message, and then I hear his little feet running into my room to put it by my bed. Too cute!!!! :-)

      Delete
  7. OMG what a SWEET idea! I am definately saving this idea for Cliff in a few years!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mother and I did this when I was little nd now at 23 it is one of my most cherished keepsakes. Such an easy and fun thing that will be appreciated forever!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....