Toonie Parties (an alternative to a mountain of gifts)

Every year, my boys host "toonie" parties for their birthdays. Instead of bringing toys, each guest is asked to bring a card containing a "toonie" {a $2 coin}.  Then, when the party is over, the birthday boy uses his money to pick out one special toy.  


(Last time my two younger boys had a "joint" party, and they received this cute card from one of their friends.  Sweet, right?)

I love the idea of "toonie" parties, don't you?  The birthday boys don't spend a lot of time at their parties opening presents, parents of the guests aren't asked to buy an expensive gift, and my boys don't receive a ton of toys they don't need.  What do you think?

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

* You can find me on facebook here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....