Twine Wrapped Easter Eggs

Is there anything better than a simple craft that looks complicated? I am absolutely obsessed with these twine wrapped Easter ornaments. They look so pretty on my little white tree (that is supposed to be for Christmas but works for other seasonal decorating too). With a few dollar store supplies, you can make a bunch of these eggs to hang from a tree, to turn into a garland, to display on a tiered tray or to pop into a basket.




Seriously... isn't this an adorable display?



I got all the supplies I needed at the dollar store. You'll need twine, ribbon, eggs, and a hot glue gun.




I started by using hot glue to make a twine handle. If you are going to be putting the eggs in a basket, you can skip this step.



Then, using hot glue, attach the thicker jute twine to the top of the egg and start wrapping.


Continuing wrapping and securing with hot glue until the entire egg is covered.


Carefully burn off the loose fibres.


Finish by embellishing with anything you like. I used some dollar store lace ribbon. I like the contrast between the rustic ribbon and the delicate lace.


You can use the same technique to cover eggs with yarn, ribbon or fabric too.




This really is a fun project and a delightful addition to Easter decor. Which do you prefer... the twine or the yarn? I really don't think I could choose. They are both adorable. Happy Easter!

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....