Easy DIY Boho Fall Yarn Wreath

I love inexpensive seasonal decor, don't you? Earlier this year, I made a fun Spring "Boho" wreath,  and I knew I had to make another one using Fall colours. When you see how easy this wreath is to make, you are going to immediately hop in your car to get the supplies you need to make a boho fall yarn wreath. Check out the photos and step by step instructions below.



Start by getting the supplies you need: yarn in Fall colours, a wire wreath frame, and twine.



Then:


1) Use a plain gold wire wreath frame, or wrap a wire wreath frame with twine (securing periodically with hot glue).


2) Wrap yarn around a piece of cardboard (the length that you want your hanging to be). My cardboard was 20 inches, and I wrapped it around 15 times.



3) Cut one end of the wrapped yarn and loop the strands over the wreath frame and pull through... per the photos below. Repeat 5 times with whatever colours you want to use.



4) Trim the bottom of the yarn with sharp scissors.



5) Embellish the top of the frame with pom poms. (I tied mine on, and then secured with hot glue.)

Note: If you have never made pom pom befores, you can check out the video here.



That's it! I just love how it turned out. Don't you?




I love a good DIY piece of home decor, and I love that you can customize this Boho yarn wreath using whatever colour yarn you desire. What colours will you use to make your own unique piece of Fall decor?


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....