5 Simple Crafts and Activities for Tweens and Teens (and younger kids will love them too)

This week (as my family continues to social distance because of Covid 19), my boys and I made videos of the crafts that we did together. These activities and crafts are fantastic for older kids... but younger kids will love them too. I've included the links to our videos (with full instructions) below.



1) MONDAY we did two Simple science experiments. We made rainbows with Skittles and we used vinegar to make a bouncy egg





2) TUESDAY we did weaving using a toilet roll and popsicle sticks. My boys LOVED this craft, and spent hours making long scarves and snakes.




3) WEDNESDAY we made tassel bookmarks. My boys designed their own bookmarks, and we used yarn to add homemade yarn tassels to the tops.





4) THURSDAY we made God's eyes... a classic camp craft. We used popsicle sticks and yarn to make this super-cute and colourful ornaments.

You can find our God's eye video here



5) FRIDAY we made 3D handprints. We used paper and markers to create simple drawings. My kids thought the 3D effect was pretty cool.

You can find our 3D handprint video here.



If you are looking for simple crafts and activities to entertain your kids, I highly recommend giving one of these a try. It is often hard to find crafts that aren't to "babyish" for tweens and teens... and these five are sure to please kids of all ages.

If you give them a try, let me know how it goes. I'd love to hear your favourites!


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)


You might also like the ideas you can find here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....