Showing Your Home some LOVE for Valentine's Day

Disclosure: I received compensation from Schlage for including their lock in this post; however, be assured that the opinions expressed in this blog are 100% my own... and I know you are going to love my new DIY wreaths.

If you follow my blog, you already know that I really enjoy decorating my home for holidays and that I love easy and inexpensive DIY decor. With Valentine's Day fast approaching, today I'm sharing a few of my favourite ideas for showing my home some love for Valentine's Day.



In 2012, I made this felt rosette wreath for Valentine's Day, and since then, it has been hanging on my front door annually. However, a few months ago, my husband installed a gorgeous new Schlage handle on our front door. It is now the perfect showcase for DIY wreaths, so I thought it would be fun to craft something new this year.




I ended up creating two NEW DIY wreaths, and I love them both.

The first wreath I made for the exterior of my door is reminiscent of an argyle sweater. I love the simplicity of this cozy wreath, don't you?




To make this argyle sweater wreath (from yarn and felt):

1) Wrap a foam wreath form in white yarn (securing it periodically with hot glue).
2) Cut hearts from various colours of felt.
3) Use hot glue to attach the felt hearts to the wreath.
4) Creat an argyle looking pattern by wrapping yarn in one direction... and then wrapping yarn in the other direction (securing periodically with hot glue).





I also made a simple wreath for the interior of my door. I wrapped a metal ring in twine, made handmade felt flowers (using online tutorials), and secured the flowers to the wreath with hot glue. This simple wreath looks fantastic hanging on my blue door.




My new wreaths look great with my new Schlage Encode handle (which is not only beautiful, but also functional). The smart, keyless entry is perfect for my busy family and my three boys (who are now sometimes coming home without a parent). 


No more worrying about whether the front door is locked. With a Schlage smart lock, you can enjoy peace of mind and freedom from keys. And, with the Schlage Home App, I can even receive a notification once my boys get home from school. It's so easy!




What do you think of my two NEW wreaths? Which one do you like best?




This Valentine's Day, I highly recommend taking a little time to create a LOVEly entrance to your home. Consider updating your hardware with a beautiful and functional handle from Schlage, and get a little creative with your DIY decor. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm so happy I decided to show my home some LOVE for Valentine's Day, and I hope I inspired you to do it too!


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

2 comments:

Don't miss any of the fun....