No Cook Play Dough Recipe

Last week, my sister asked me for the play dough recipe I use with my boys, and I realized that I have never posted it here.  I love this recipe (based on one I found at DLTK) because the ingredients are simple, you don't have to cook it, and it smells great!


Here's how to make my favorite (fantastic smelling) play dough:

1) Mix 1 1/4 cups flour, 1/4 cup salt, and 1 (6g) package of unsweetened kool aid powder.

2) Stir in 1 cup boiling water and 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil. (I use canola oil.)

3) Wait for the mixture to cool slightly, and then knead it for 5 minutes. It will be sticky at first, but if you keep kneading it, it will smooth out nicely.

That's it!  Easy, right?



Don't forget to store the homemade play dough in a Ziploc bag or an airtight storage container when the kids have finished playing with it.  It should last a month or two.


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....