How to Make Snow Ice Cream

When mother nature gives you a snow storm at the end of March... make some snow ice cream! You only need three ingredients to make this tasty treat.



I have been planning all winter to make snow ice cream with my boys, but for some reason we didn't get around to it -- until today.  If you haven't done it before, you must.  My boys LOVED it, and it was so simple! You can check out our YouTube video here


Or you can follow the instructions here:


1)  Put 8 cups of clean (freshly fallen) snow in a big bowl.
2)  Added 1 can (300mL) sweetened condensed milk and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
3)  Stirred to combine, and served immediately.

Since my boys LOVE chocolate, I served our ice cream with a simple homemade chocolate sauce.  I just put 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa, 1 2/3 cups white sugar, 1 1/4 cups water, and 1 tsp vanilla in a medium saucepan.  I cooked it over medium heat for about 5 minutes after it came to a boil... whisking frequently.  Then, I removed it from the heat and allowed it to cool slightly.



Seriously... why did we wait so long to do this?  We'll have to start earlier in the season next year.

Have you ever made "Snow Ice Cream"?


♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

5 comments:

  1. Guess what I'm going to make today! :D
    So excited to try it. But it'll be a while... it's just started snowing here now...
    First time all winter I've actually been happy to see snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! Let me know how your little ones enjoy it. My boys LOVE it!

      Delete
  2. just made this with the kids they loved it

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....