Easy Appetizer {Nacho Dip}

Have you ever been asked to bring an appetizer to a party?  Do you have a "go to" appetizer that you like to make? I always like to bring something that is simple, tasty, and doesn't need to be reheated.  I hate bothering the hostess to heat up something that I have brought. So, today I am sharing my favourite appetizer to bring to gatherings: My Easy and Delicious Nacho Dip.


For a plate of this dip, you'll need:

  • one (8oz package) of room temperature cream cheese
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons of mild taco seasoning mix
  • 3/4 cup mild salsa
  • 1/2 green pepper (or whatever colour you have on hand)
  • 1 cup grated cheddar cheese


1)  Combine the room temperature cream cheese with the sour cream and mild taco seasoning mix.  {I like to use a potato masher, and then a spoon.}

2)  Spread the cream cheese/sour cream mixture onto a large plate or platter, and then cover with mild salsa, green pepper, and grated cheddar cheese.

3) Chill in fridge until ready to serve.

That's it!  To make a large platter, you can double the recipe. (I often do this if I know there is going to be a crowd.)

Serve this dip with a bowl of nacho chips, and I guarantee there won't be any leftovers to take home. 


What is your favorite appetizer recipe?  I am always looking for new "tried and true" favourites.


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I also make a nacho dip but use a can of black beans to layer on top of the cream cheese/sour cream mixture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you have the cream cheese/sour cream layer, you can add anything! :-)

      Delete
  2. One of our favs is Thai hamburger dip!
    Mix 1 block cream cheese and 3/4 cup sour cream together (I use a hand mixer with whisk attachments) and spread on bottom of 8x8 dish.
    Cook small package hamburger with 1/2 diced onion until well done, drain. Stir in 3/4-1 jar sweet Thai chili sauce and mix - layer on top of cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with grated marble cheese. Bake at 375 for 25 mins. Soooooo good.

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....