Letter Writing to Santa Party

As you may recall, my oldest son came up with the idea of hosting a "Letter Writing to Santa Party" fundraiser, as a way to help others this holiday season.  The party took place last Friday night, and it was a huge success.  (We raised $140.50 for the children's hospital.)  I am so grateful to all the "elves" that supported us through their attendance and donations.  THANK YOU!


My awesome six year old working the door.


Would you like to throw your own "Letter Writing to Santa Party"?  Here is a little peek at what we did:

While enjoying cookies and juice, the guests were given all the supplies they needed to write their letters to Santa. 


We also had fun "Santa beards" (on popsicle sticks) for the guests.  They were a big hit!  I was inspired by I Heart Naptime, but you can find a template for my version here.


After the letters were finished, each child was given a "kit" with all the supplies they needed to make a reindeer ornament for their tree.  (The kit included a candy cane, a circle of red craft foam for the nose, two googly eyes, one long piece of pipe cleaner, two shorter pieces of pipe cleaner, and a ribbon for hanging.)


Finally, each guest made a bag of reindeer food to take home.  You can find the template for the reindeer food tags here(We used Oats, Cheerios, and Magic Glitter... aka Red Sugar Sprinkles.)


Here are a few more pics of the party's handsome hosts.

My middle son testing out our photo booth.

My three boys... waiting for their guests to arrive.

Delivering their letters at the Santa Claus parade.

We had a great time, and the boys learned a lot about "giving back".  I am thinking that this is going to be a wonderful annual tradition for our family.  :-)

Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

9 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea!! SUPER cute!! I am your newest follower!!!! Hope you will come visit the CHAOS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!! Love the kit & even matching t-shirts!! I am your newest follower! I'd love for you to follow me back, if you want to =-) I also wanted to invite you to link up at my TGIF Linky party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really neat. you had fun and earned money for a great cause.

    Veronica- http://watchmeplaynlearn.blogspot.com/2011/11/finger-paints.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing gift to you!!! I love the idea, only I think I'll change it to Writing Letters to Jesus Party. Stopping by from TGIF!

    ~Bekah @SonshineTotSchool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this idea!!! SOOOO GREAT!!!! I'd love you to link up with us.
    http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the cutest idea! I love the Santa beards. And how cool that you raised money for a children's hospital! You are darling. Thanks for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We hope that you will come back tomorrow and share more of you amazing ideas!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea!!! I think I would like to do this next year! How did you raise the money? Was it a set cost? This would be a fun way to use my creativity and do something for the community at the same time! :)

    Pease email me at krista@ryken.com if you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea !! fun and also teaching the gift of giving back . LOVE IT !

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....