Felt Stocking Ornaments

When I was in high school , I started making Christmas ornaments for my girlfriends. Over time, I started making them for over 40 family and friends. I like to make a simple ornament that can be slipped in with a Christmas card. Here is the "quick and easy" Christmas ornament I am making this year.


I just love these little felt stockings because they are so simple and inexpensive to make.

Here is what you'll need: scrap white felt, scrap red felt, two red buttons, a piece of ribbon, some red and white embroidery floss, a needle, and a template that you can find here.

Here's what you do:

Step 1: Cut two stocking shapes from the white felt and cut one rectangle (for the top of the stocking) from the red felt.


Step 2: Using red embroidery thread, stitch the bottom of the rectangle to one of the white stocking shapes. This will be the front of the ornament. (Just stitch the bottom of the rectangle. The rest will be attached when you stitch the front piece to the back piece.)


Step 3: Sew two red buttons onto the piece that has the red felt stitched to the top.


Step 4: Stitch a piece of ribbon to the other white stocking shape. This will be the back of the stocking. (I used white thread so that you wouldn't be able to see it on the back of the ornament.)


Step 5: Stitch the front and back pieces together using red embroidery thread. That's it!

Easy, right? I can't wait to see these little felt stockings hanging on the trees of my loved ones. 


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

6 comments:

  1. These are so simple and so darling! We have an ornament exchange every year and I have been searching for a cute ornament to make- this is perfect! We would love to have you stop by and share this at our link party:
    http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/2011/11/strut-your-stuff-saturday-week-21.html
    Have a great weekend!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these simple ornaments. SO fun! Love this idea! I'd love for you to link up to my Homemade in December Link Carnival.

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2011/11/homemade-in-december-link-carnival.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. I did elf shoes this way this year and loved how they turned out.

    Karan

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love these! over from gingersnaps...now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute stockings! I love them! We'd love for you to share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-4-3-weeks-long-for.html

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....