Recycled Matching Game

Do you ever wonder what to do with all those milk/water jug caps?  I have a bunch of them in my "stuff to recycle into crafts" box.  I thought it would be fun to make a matching game for my boys.  It was so easy, fun, and absolutely free.


Here's how we did it:

1)  We decided to do a matching game with numbers from 1-10, so we counted out 20 bottle caps.  (You can do it for letters, colors, people in your family... whatever you want.)


2)  We traced 20 circles onto a piece of paper, and my four year old printed the numbers in each circle.



3)  I cut out all the circles (just inside the lines I had drawn) and put them in the caps.  You don't even need to use glue because the grooves in the lid keep the paper in place.  Easy, right?  :-)


That's it!

To play the game, simply flip over all the lids, and take turns trying to make matches.  If you get a match, you get another turn.  When all the lids are gone, the person who made the most matches wins.


Happy Matching!

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

11 comments:

  1. Great idea! Especially because they got to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Kids can help make it, it requires recycling and you can do tons of different types of games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids can't quite write the numbers yet, but I think they would enjoy the matching. Great idea! I am a new facebook follower from Today's Creative Blog. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! We have so many apple juice bottle caps that we just recycle, but this is even better. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, what a clever mommy you are. Being the mother of three boys also (mine are grown now), any new idea to keep them busy is always welcome. Perhaps I could use this on my little grandson, LOL Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh I love re-purposed crafts! How wonderful and clever is this???? Thanks for sharing this with us, I would love it if you could link up on my blog too so I can share this fun matching game with my readers as well.
    http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/11/introducing-fun-stuff-fridays.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple but great, just the type of craft/recycling/playing I prefer. You inspired us, so we made some of our own: http://stepfordska-supruga-en.blogspot.com/2013/02/bottle-caps-activities.html

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....