Happy 6th Birthday (Birthday Letter)

My oldest "baby" turns six today.  Why does six seem so much older than five?  It hurts my heart a little to see him getting so grown up, but I am so proud of the little boy he is growing up to be. 


Earlier this year, I came up with the idea of writing letters to my boys each year on their birthdays.  Here is my birthday letter to my darling first born son:


You are such a special boy.... my little angel.  Here are just a few of the things that make you my favorite six year old in the whole wide world.  :-)
  • You have a kind heart, and you always want to help others. 
  • You are an awesome big brother.  You are patient and kind, and your little brothers love you very much... and they love all the adventures you take them on.
  • Your little boy laugh (especially when Daddy tickles you) makes me smile.
  • You always try your best and give 100% when trying anything new.
  • You love to draw (and you are great with detail).  Every day when you get home from school, you ask me for a piece of paper and a peanut butter sandwich.
  • Your favorite movie is The Fox and the Hound, your favorite food is a peanut butter sandwich, and your favorite sport is Hockey. 
  • You have lots of friends, and you love when the girls chase you at recess.
  • You still let me kiss and hug you when I drop you off at school.  I know it won't last forever, but I cherish every one I am getting now.
Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!  You may be six, but you will always be my first baby.

Lots of Love,

Mommy  xoxo

    5 comments:

    1. that made me teary. mostly because i will be writing something SO similar to my first born when he turns six in less than a year :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. I am literally crying right now. He is such a sweet boy. So much like his Mommy. So

      ReplyDelete
    3. k, I am crying too.... My "oldest" baby boy turned 5 today!!! Same day, cool! Love this letter!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Six seems so old! My daughter is turning six next month and I'm starting to hyperventilate just thinking about it. I love your letter!

      ReplyDelete

    Don't miss any of the fun....