Fishing Fun!

Inspired by Dr.Seuss's One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, the boys and I decided to have {what they called} a "fishing party".  Doesn't everything sound more fun when you add "party" to the end of it???  



Here is what we did:

First, we made some fish.  The boys traced a fish template I made, cut them out, and added a googly eye.


Second, we had a snack while we were waiting for the glue to dry.  We had Goldfish and peanut butter sandwiches cut out with a fish-shaped cookie cutter.  (The eye of the fish is a chocolate chip.)


Third, we made a fishing rod out of a dowel, some ribbon, and a clothespin.  We used gummie worms for bait.


It was easy and fun and kept them entertained for hours.  Give it a try, and let me know how it goes.  :-)


♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)
 
PS (If you like this, you might also like our Pirate Play Date.  Check it out here.)


15 comments:

  1. You are such a fun mom!! Love this idea!!

    We host a linky party “Help a Momma Out” every Tuesday. This would be a perfect link up! Please feel free to add it :) We appreciate it! Thanks for sharing!

    Kristine
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea!!!!! I'm going to stop by your fb page :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Featuring this on our blog tomorrow :) Thanks so much for linking up ;) Feel free to grab a button :)

    Kristine
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! I actually posted this on my facebook because I loved it so much! Thanks for linking up with J&M, that is how I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I just discovered your site through Nifty Thrifty Things' blog party and love it! I am a new follower and would love for you to link up at my Savvy HomeMade blog party at http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/2011/08/14/blog-party-3/

    I look forward to blogging with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great ideas!!! And they look like they had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still love this book! Great post. Thank you so much for linking up at HomeSavvyAtoZ.com's Savvy HomeMade Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute Gina!! I love the gummy worm bait!!! =-) I am posting a Seuss inspired posts and I will include it to link others here =-)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute Gina!! I love the gummy worm bait!!! =-) I am posting a Seuss inspired posts and I will include it to link others here =-)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  11. How were they able to open the clothespins to hook the gummy worms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They held the rod, and I opened the clothespins.

      Delete
  12. How does it pick up the fish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a clothespin. I opened the clothespin and attached the fish.

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....