Happy Birthday Baby Boy (Birthday Letter)

Today, my baby boy turns two. (Not sure how that happened... time goes by so quickly.)  Check out the picture of when we first met -- a sweetie pie from the very start!  :-)


Birthdays get me thinking about how fast time goes by, and how special these years are with my little boys.  I want to remember the little details, and I came up with the idea of a "Birthday Letter" -- which I wish I had thought of earlier (but better late than never, right?)  I am going to try and do a letter for each boy every year on their birthday.

Here is this year's birthday letter to my sweet boy:

To my baby boy,

Today you turn two... it seems like just yesterday you came into our lives and completed our family.  Here is a "snap shot" of what makes you the most special two year old in the whole world.
  • You have very good manners, and have the sweetest voice when you say, "Thank you, Mommy".  I melt a little every time.
  • You love to cuddle... especially at bedtime, and you always play with my hair when you are tired.
  • You have a special blanket, and you always want to cover yourself in it... even when it is super hot.
  • You love when Daddy tickles you.
  • You love to play with your brothers, and you follow them everywhere.  You especially love playing hide-and-seek, hockey, and cars.
  • When I tuck you in, you always whisper, "Good night, Mommy.  I love you."  I always leave your room smiling.
  • Your favorite foods are: Cheeseburgers, Pizza, and Cookies (just like Daddy).
  • Your favorite shows are: Curious George, Super Why, and The Wiggles.
  • Your favorite books are:  Good Night Moon, Brown Bear, and any book about Hockey.
  • You love music and dancing... and I love to listen to you sing and watch you dance.  (You are definitely trying to keep up with your brothers, and you are doing a great job.)
Happy Birthday sweet Jackie-Jack!  Mommy loves you very much!

Love, Mommy xoxox

Isn't he just the cutest two year old?  :-)

Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

6 comments:

  1. Ginny Swindall13 July 2011 at 16:21

    OMG, I should not have read this at work! Why am I crying when it's your son, not mine? (Probably because mine turns 2 next month!) I loooove this idea, Gina, and will be doing it for my kiddos too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh what a cute little dude! he sounds like he is holding is own amoungst the brothers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Tatertots & Jello and I think this is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the sweetest idea ever! I'm so going to steal this idea when I have kids! Thanks for sharing!! Stopping by from Sundea Scoop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHat a stud he is!! SO sweet! Thank you for sharing your letter! This is how I document and journal my feelings for M too! Great minds must really do think alike ;)

    Thanks for linking up with us to “Help a Momma Out Tuesdays” on our blog!! We appreciate it!

    Kristine
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the cutest idea EVER! I love it.
    My daughter will be turning 3 in Feb. & I plan on starting a new tradition.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....