Recently, there has been a renewed interest in "snail mail", and I'm totally here for it! I love the idea of sending and receiving “physical mail”, don't you? It’s a wonderful way to slow down, connect, and make someone’s day in a “low tech” way.
So...I decided to start a 10 day #SnailMailChallenge. I hope you'll try some (or all) of my ideas. Let’s slow down, unplug, and spread kindness… one letter at a time.Day 1 - My first idea for making a meaningful connection is to send a heartfelt note. You can mail a letter to a grandparent or a child away at camp or university, write a thank you note to a teacher or coach, or send a short “just because” note to brighten someone’s day.
With a few minutes and the cost of a stamp, you can make a meaningful connection.
A child can send a drawing to a grandparent, or an adult can make something small enough to slip into a card. Magnets, keychains, bookmarks, friendship bracelet and ornaments are fantastic options. I love this little magnet made from a vacation photo and a little wooden ring from the dollar store
Add a note that says “This was handmade with love… I hope it makes you smile.”, put it all in an envelope, and pop it in the mail.
If you are stuck for an idea, my chocolate chip cookies never disappoint. You can find the recipe here.
Day 4 - Today, I challenge you to send a joke, riddle or funny card. We spend so much time sending random memes to friends and family… why not take a few extra minutes to send something funny by mail instead? It’s guaranteed to make the recipient smile.
Day 5 - Today, I challenge you to send a real physical card.
Instead of sending a birthday, anniversary or thank you text, send a real physical card in the mail. Postcards are fun options too. The extra effort says, “I’m thinking about you… and you are worth spending time on.”
Day 4 - Today, I challenge you to send a joke, riddle or funny card. We spend so much time sending random memes to friends and family… why not take a few extra minutes to send something funny by mail instead? It’s guaranteed to make the recipient smile.
Instead of sending a birthday, anniversary or thank you text, send a real physical card in the mail. Postcards are fun options too. The extra effort says, “I’m thinking about you… and you are worth spending time on.”
Day 6 - Today, I challenge you to send stickers.
You can make your own stickers, find a fun sheet at the dollar store, or buy one that reminds you of someone special.
Then, just add a note, stick it an envelope, and pop it in the mail.
P.S. (It’s fun to decorate the envelope with stickers too.)
Day 7 - Today I challenge you to send someone a trinket.
You can use something you already have, or you can buy something inexpensive. It’s a great way to tell someone that you love them or to send encouragement to a friend going through a tough time. I sell severalt inexpensive items in my “Cute as a Button Designs” shop… including all the stuff seen in the video below.
Pop a trinket into an envelope with a handwritten note and stick it in the mail. Easy peasy!
You can mail a favourite package of candy, chocolate bar, tea bag, hot chocolate packet, or gift card.
And for an extra bit of whimsy and fun, add some confetti made with a paper punch. How great is it to find a treat in a mailbox instead of a bill?
Day 9 - Today, I challenge you to send a photo.
Digital photos are great, but there is something special about physical photo that you can frame or stick to the front of the fridge. Print one at a local store or pull one from an old album. What’s more fun than sharing than a special memory?
You can hand write it or you use PicMonkey.com to design one (like I did). Put it in an envelope, stick a stamp on it, and pop it in the mail. It’s a lovely way to let someone know how much they mean to you.
I hope you enjoyed all ten ideas in my “snail mail” challenge, and that they helped you slow down, unplug, and spread kindness… one letter at a time.
Thanks for watching, subscribing and supporting me!
♥
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)
.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment