5 Unique "Loot Bag" Ideas

Children love "Loot Bags", but as a parent they are something I struggle with.  I am always on the lookout for fun alternatives to the "traditional" loot bag. Today I am sharing five of my favorite easy party favor ideas.


Here are five things I think are easy, inexpensive, and unique:  
   
1)  Something Personal/Handmade:   
  • These cute "treat jars" {see below} can be easily put together using a picture of the birthday boy/girl, an old baby food jar, some paint, and some Modge Podge.  Super easy!
  • Frames can be painted/decorated, and a picture of the guest can be taken at the party and delivered at a later date.  {You could write something like.... "The content of this frame is currently hollow, but a really cute picture is certain to follow.  Thanks for coming to my party."}
  •  Bags can be filled with balls, and a tag can be attached that says "Thanks for coming.  I hope you had a BALL at my party."

2)   Something Practical:

Check out these personalized labels from Oliver's Labels.  What a fantastic idea!  For $4.99 (with a minimum order of 6), each party package contains: 5 original labels, 5 mini labels, 2 shoe labels, and a mini bag tag.  Fun and practical... it doesn't get much better than that.


3)  Something Yummy:

Who doesn't like cookies?  ... and these ones from Noelle's The Custom Cookie Company are delicious and fun!  For $5.25 each, you can get custom cookies to match the theme, colours, or decor of the party.  I love the idea of a number with the birthday boy/girl's name on it.  The Pirate happy faces are also adorable, and would be popular with my boys.

4) Something Girly:

Full disclosure... I make these Personalized Princess Wands {and sell them here}... but I had to include them because I think they are so really cute.  The Wands are $10 each, but you could make your own if you wanted to keep costs down.  I painted a dowel pink and added a hand-stitched felt star to the top. 


5)  Something Educational:

I love books, and so do my boys!  I really like the idea of letting the birthday boy/girl give out their favorite book to their friends.  


Now aren't each of these things better than a bag full of candy?  What are some of your favorite loot bag ideas?  

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

PS (I have a great list of 30 unique loot bags ideas that you can find here.)


10 comments:

  1. I love Mabels Labels, they are the best! great idea for the loot bags, some items were a little pricey, like over $5 for a cookie, but I would love to use that idea and make them at home. I wonder if I could find a number set that big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to include a range with regard to cost. The cookies might seem expensive but they are handmade works of art... and delicious! :-)

    It would definitely be something that would be cheaper to do on your own... though I think they are above my cookie decorating skill-set. If you do it, send me pictures. Would love to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! For the past few years I have been doing a piñata full of candy. I give them each an empty loot bag and once the piñata breaks they all go nuts filling their bag up. Still sometimes needs adult intervention so no one is left out and no one hogs. But do far it has gone really smooth ( once they hit a certain age, all they want is the candy! But then I also give one item that relates to the party theme from the dollar store...wings for a princess party, headlamp flashlight for a sleepover party, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great ideas, Krista! The dollar store is such a great resource. :-)

      Delete
  4. We have a 3rd birthday party coming up and I've been working on a non-plastic toy loot bag, so thanks for these ideas! The theme is trains, so I created a little coloring book and used a train candy mold to make train shaped crayons. I also found little train sticker books. My dilemma is something for the younger siblings who are coming--there will be 3 or 4 kiddos under 1 year. I'd love your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about a Thomas the Train board Book? We have one called "Go Train Go"
      that my boys all loved.
      Gina

      Delete
  5. I Bought wooden boxes from the dollar store and included paint sets for the kids to decorate their own. A fewcandies also. The parents loved the extra hour of peace at home after the party when their kids decorated their boxes. Total cost was under 40 bucks for 12 kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Bought wooden boxes from the dollar store and included paint sets for the kids to decorate their own. A fewcandies also. The parents loved the extra hour of peace at home after the party when their kids decorated their boxes. Total cost was under 40 bucks for 12 kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. one time my sister had a movie party and we watched a movie played games ate popcorn while we watched the movie then ate pizza. for the lootbags she got a popcorn bucket and filled it with:popcorn, popcorn seasoning, chocolate bars, candy, and i think some trinkets. when they went home it was like a movie at the theaters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your ideas! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....