Making Magnets: Three Ways

My fridge has become a catch-all for pictures, appointment cards/invites, notices, and artwork. I thought it would be fun to make some super cute (not to mention... easy, quick, and inexpensive!) magnets.  I am already feeling more at peace with the chaos covering my fridge.  :-) 


Check out the three magnet projects I did, and let me know what you think.

Project #1:  Clothespin magnets

You'll need:
  • clothespin
  • magnet strip (I cut mine from a roll)
  • ribbon
  • button (or other embellishment)
  • glue gun
  
Directions:
1)  Using your glue gun, glue the ribbon to the outside of the clothespin.  Add a button for embellishment.

2)  Attach a strip of magnet to the back of the clothespin.


Project #2:  Photo magnets


You'll need:
  • Pictures
  • Photo Magnet paper (I got mine at the Dollar Store)
  • Scissors



Directions:
1)  Cut the paper to the rough size of the photo.

2)  Remove the paper from the back of the magnet paper, and attach photo.  Cut out the picture.

Project #3:  Photo pockets



You'll need:
  • Labels or stickers
  • Magnetic Photo Sleeves

Directions:
1)  Attach labels or stickers to identify the contents of the photo sleeve.  Then, use the sleeve as a "pocket" for loose papers that you might need to keep handy.  I like to use mine for appointment cards, birthday invites, etc....

Which is your favorite?


♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

3 comments:

  1. Super cute and thanks for the comment on my magnets :) I like your pocket one, very clever.

    http://mycrazylifeasamomandawife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute magnets! Come get some designer scriptures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. εύκολη και χαριτωμένη κατασκευή!!!!!!! καταπληκτική ιδέα!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....