For my boys' Super Hero birthday, we had an obstacle course, and one of the elements was a bean bag toss I made out of an old box. It was one of the highlights for my boys. They played with it for weeks before the party. Here's how I did it:
- a box with a lid (reinforced with packing tape)
- paint and paintbrush
- something sharp to cut holes with
- a picture of a super hero (I printed mine off the internet)
- Modge Podge
Step 1: Paint the box, and use Modge Podge to attach a picture of a Super Hero to the middle of the lid.
That's it -- cheap, easy, and lots of fun!
You can buy small balls or bean bags, but if you want to make matching bean bags like I did, here is what you do:
- Cut two circles out of felt.
- Embelish the top circle.
- Add rice to the bottom circle.
- Secure with a circle of hot glue and some stitching (to ensure that the rice doesn't fall out)