Making Magnets: Three Ways

My fridge has become a catch-all for pictures, appointment cards/invites, notices, and artwork. I thought it would be fun to make some super cute (not to mention... easy, quick, and inexpensive!) magnets.  I am already feeling more at peace with the chaos covering my fridge.  :-) 

Check out the three magnet projects I did, and let me know what you think.

Project #1:  Clothespin magnets

You'll need:
  • clothespin
  • magnet strip (I cut mine from a roll)
  • ribbon
  • button (or other embellishment)
  • glue gun
1)  Using your glue gun, glue the ribbon to the outside of the clothespin.  Add a button for embellishment.

2)  Attach a strip of magnet to the back of the clothespin.

Project #2:  Photo magnets

You'll need:
  • Pictures
  • Photo Magnet paper (I got mine at the Dollar Store)
  • Scissors

1)  Cut the paper to the rough size of the photo.

2)  Remove the paper from the back of the magnet paper, and attach photo.  Cut out the picture.

Project #3:  Photo pockets

You'll need:
  • Labels or stickers
  • Magnetic Photo Sleeves

1)  Attach labels or stickers to identify the contents of the photo sleeve.  Then, use the sleeve as a "pocket" for loose papers that you might need to keep handy.  I like to use mine for appointment cards, birthday invites, etc....

Which is your favorite?

Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)


  1. Super cute and thanks for the comment on my magnets :) I like your pocket one, very clever.

  2. Cute magnets! Come get some designer scriptures!

  3. εύκολη και χαριτωμένη κατασκευή!!!!!!! καταπληκτική ιδέα!!!!!


I LOVE to hear from you.. Please leave me your comments below... and log in or leave me your email address if you would like a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...